29.9.2010 Tiedote: Cookware Inc. (http://www.eakiu.com/), ohjelmistoyhtiö Apple- ja Mac-ympäristöihin, on julkaissut EaKiu Remote for iPhone -sovelluksen, jolla voidaan etäkäyttää MetaGeekin Wi-Spy spektrianalysaattoreita. Yhteys iPhonen ja Wi-Spy:n välillä voidaan muodostaa joko WLAN:n tai mobiiliverkon kautta. Sovelluksen käyttö edellyttää Wi-Spy -spektrianalysaattorin ja Chanalyzer-ohjelmiston asentamista Windows-PC:lle. Wi-Spy spektrianalysaattori kytketään PC:n USB-porttiin ja sitä on saatavilla seuraaville taajuusalueille: 868MHz, 915MHz, 2.4GHz ja 5GHz. Lisäksi iPhone-käyttäjän pitää ladata sovellus puhelimelle Applen App Storesta hintaan 29.99USD.
When the Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Winter Olympic Games was preparing for the arrival of thousands of international athletes and millions of excited spectators, they knew they'd need an accurate and easy-to-use tool to identify WLAN interference and unauthorized activity on wireless networks across their multiple venues. With MetaGeek's Wi-Spy DBx, the committee found the functionality and reliability they needed, in a compact, affordable and easy-to-use package.
Wi-Spy DBx is a full-featured dual band spectrum analyzer that helps you install, analyze, optimize and troubleshoot 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks. Whether you're setting up your first wireless network, expanding current wireless capabilities, managing multiple networks, or making a move to 802.11n or 802.11a, MetaGeek's Wi-Spy DBx has got you covered.
MetaGeek's Wi-Spy DBx is a professional-grade spectrum analyzer that comes bundled with Chanalyzer, our full-featured spectrum analysis software. Together these tools provide a high-resolution visualization of your wireless landscape for easy analysis of wireless channels and quick troubleshooting of Wi-Fi interference. Wi-Spy DBx covers 802.11a/b/g/n networks in both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.Who can benefit from Wi-Spy DBx?
What can Wi-Spy DBx do for you?
- Enterprise IT Departments
- Hospital/University IT Departments
- Large-scale WLAN Support Personnel
- 802.11a/b/g/n Network Engineers
Why is Wi-Spy DBx the right tool?
- Track radio activity and analyze interference in both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz spectrum
- Identify the best open channel for your Wi-Fi networks
- Minimize troubleshooting and optimize your wireless networks by isolating persistent wi-fi interference
- Pinpoint interference caused by neighboring access points
- Perform accurate wireless site surveys
- Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) 802.11a/b/g/n coverage
- Compact and portable USB design
- Advanced hardware control lets you zoom-in for greater detail
- Multiple high resolution graphical displays for easy network analysis
- Quick installation and easy to use
- Enterprise-class performance with a do-it-yourself price
- User community and dedicated product support
- Antenna: External, RP-SMA
- Frequency Range: 2.400 to 2.495 GHz and 5.150 to 5.850 GHz
- Frequency Resolution: 50 KHz to 3 MHz
- Resolution Bandwidth: 53 KHz to 600 KHz
- Amplitude Range: -110 dBm to -6.5 dBm
- Amplitude Resolution: 0.5 dBm
MetaGeek's Wi-Spy DBx is the only tool you'll need to install, analyze, troubleshoot and optimize 802.11a/b/g/n networks in both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. The Wi-Spy DBx is an affordable and easy-to-use spectrum analyzer that comes bundled with MetaGeek's industry-leading Chanalyzer software for high-resolution graphical visualization of your wireless networks.
- Windows XP or Greater with .Net 2.0
- Mac OS X 10.6
Features of Chanalyzer 3/4/Pro
Chanalyzer is the accompanying spectrum analysis software to your Wi-Spy 2.4x, Wi-Spy DBx or Wi-Spy 900x. It tracks the real-time RF activity in three different visualizations allowing you to analyze smarter, quicker. Chanalyzer records the data and can playback a recording of any length.
The visualizations Chanalyzer provides are aligned by frequency to help anyone understand spectrum analysis. Whether you're installing WLANs or engineering wireless devices, Chanalyzer has the features you need to get the job done. Download Chanalyzer and practice with a recording today - we want to send Wi-Spys to good homes.
| ||Chanalyzer 3||Chanalyzer 4||Chanalyzer Pro|
|Wi-Spy Compatibility||900x, 2.4x, DBx||2.4x, DBx||2.4x, DBx|
|Density / Topographic View|
|Real-time Spectrum View|
|Waterfall (Spectral) View|
|Recording Playback|| |
|Wi-Fi Data in Recording|| |
|SQLite Recording Format|| |
|Wi-Fi Networks Graph|| |
|Drag to Zoom|| |
|Waterfall Timeframe Navigation|| || |
|Device Identification|| |
|Recording Playback|| || |
|Timestamped notes|| || |
|Device Identification|| || |
|Device Finder|| || |
|Report Builder|| || |
• Windows 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7
• Net 3.5 framework
• USB 1.1 or 2.0
• Windows Zero Configuration (WZC)
inSSIDer is an award-winning free Wi-Fi network scanner for Windows Vista and Windows XP. Because NetStumbler doesn't work well with Vista and 64-bit XP, we built an open-source Wi-Fi network scanner designed for the current generation of Windows operating systems. inSSIDer was discussed by Lifehacker and Tekzilla!
What's Unique about inSSIDer?
- Use Windows Vista and Windows XP 64-bit.
- Uses the Native Wi-Fi API.
- Group by Mac Address, SSID, Channel, RSSI and "Time Last Seen."
- Compatible with most GPS devices (NMEA v2.3 and higher).
How can inSSIDer help me?
- Inspect your WLAN and surrounding networks to troubleshoot competing access points.
- Track the strength of received signal in dBm over time.
- Filter access points in an easy to use format.
- Highlight access points for areas with high Wi-Fi concentration.
- Export Wi-Fi and GPS data to a KML file to view in Google Earth.
InSSIDer is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. The source code is freely available from our public Subversion repository at http://www.metageek.net/svn/trunk.
This project was started by Charles Putney on The Code Project. Norman Rasmussen modified the project to use the Managed Wi-Fi C# wrapper for the Native Wi-Fi API. Many thanks to Charles and Norman, as well as the Managed Wi-Fi team for getting this project off the ground.
Tyler Adkisson, Joel Carpenter, Philip Smith and Jeff Goff submitted changes to the latest edition of inSSIDer! It includes GPS support and Netstumbler output.
Trying to Identify Interference?
"Those looking to employ something more than blind guesswork when it comes to identifying potential wireless interference will appreciate the capabilities of MetaGeek's Wi-Spy 2.4x, a spectrum analyzer that can help you discern how well-or poorly-your wireless signals actually fare in the air." -Joseph Moran Wi-Fi Planet