29.9.2010 Tiedote: Cookware Inc. (http://www.eakiu.com/), ohjelmistoyhtiö Apple- ja Mac-ympäristöihin, on julkaissut EaKiu Remote for iPhone -sovelluksen, jolla voidaan etäkäyttää MetaGeekin Wi-Spy spektrianalysaattoreita. Yhteys iPhonen ja Wi-Spy:n välillä voidaan muodostaa joko WLAN:n tai mobiiliverkon kautta. Sovelluksen käyttö edellyttää Wi-Spy -spektrianalysaattorin ja Chanalyzer-ohjelmiston asentamista Windows-PC:lle. Wi-Spy spektrianalysaattori kytketään PC:n USB-porttiin ja sitä on saatavilla seuraaville taajuusalueille: 868MHz, 915MHz, 2.4GHz ja 5GHz. Lisäksi iPhone-käyttäjän pitää ladata sovellus puhelimelle Applen App Storesta hintaan 29.99USD.
Wi-Spy 2.4x Pro
Let's face it, the 2.4GHz band isn't getting any less crowded. That's why wireless professionals need wi-fi tools that quickly isolate RF interference sources and identify the quietest available channel. MetaGeek's Wi-Spy 2.4x is a low-cost, easy-to-use tool designed for IT professionals and wireless network consultants who need a compact wi-fi spectrum analyzer to troubleshoot and optimize their wireless networks.
The Wi-Spy 2.4x scans all radio activity in the 2.4GHz spectrum and displays the data in several different graphical formats for easy analysis. Using MetaGeek's Chanalyzer software, which comes bundled with the 2.4x, you can quickly isolate interference sources and easily identify the quietest channels on your 2.4GHz wireless networks. Who can benefit from Wi-Spy 2.4x?
What can Wi-Spy + Chanalyzer do for you?
- Wireless IT Consultants and Professionals
- A/V and Automation Installers
- SMB IT Departments
- 2.4GHz Engineers
Why is Wi-Spy 2.4x the right tool?
- Find the best available channels quickly for optimal performance
- Help visualize and locate RF signals in the 2.4 Ghz spectrum
- Track radio activity caused by cordless phones, microwaves, Zigbee, Bluetooth and other common 2.4 GHz devices
- Discover and remedy competing access points
- Optimize WLAN networks by locating and eliminating interference sources
- Compact and portable USB design
- High-resolution 2.4 GHz spectrum analysis
- Fully compatible with all of MetaGeek's software
- Multiple graphical formats for easy network analysis
- Bandwidth: 2400 to 2495 MHz
- Frequency Resolution: 328 KHz
- Antenna: External, RP-SMA
- Amplitude Range: -110 dBm to -6.5 dBm
- Amplitude Resolution: 0.5 dBm
- Sweep Time: 165 millisecond
- Windows XP, or greater with .Net 2.0
- Mac OS X 10.6
Device Finder Directional Antenna for Wi-Spy
Don't let mystery devices stay a mystery. Take control of your wireless environment with our purpose-made Device Finder Directional Antenna and track down offending devices with quickness and surety. Designed in-house at MetaGeek, this antenna gives you greater ability to discover exactly which direction a 2.4 GHz transmission is coming from.
Take charge of your wireless environment.
Device Finder Directional Antenna will enable you actively seek out transmitters so you can know exactly what you're dealing with.
Know where to look and don't get caught up in a wild goose chase.
- Frequency Range: 2.4 to 2.5 GHz
- Impedance 50 ohms
- Horizontal Beamwidth: 60 degrees
- Gain: 7 dBi
- Compatible Wi-Spy models: Wi-Spy DBx, Wi-Spy 2.4x
Features of Chanalyzer 3/4/Pro
Chanalyzer is the accompanying spectrum analysis software to your Wi-Spy 2.4x, Wi-Spy DBx or Wi-Spy 900x. It tracks the real-time RF activity in three different visualizations allowing you to analyze smarter, quicker. Chanalyzer records the data and can playback a recording of any length.
The visualizations Chanalyzer provides are aligned by frequency to help anyone understand spectrum analysis. Whether you're installing WLANs or engineering wireless devices, Chanalyzer has the features you need to get the job done. Download Chanalyzer and practice with a recording today - we want to send Wi-Spys to good homes.
| ||Chanalyzer 3||Chanalyzer 4||Chanalyzer Pro|
|Wi-Spy Compatibility||900x, 2.4x, DBx||2.4x, DBx||2.4x, DBx|
|Density / Topographic View|
|Real-time Spectrum View|
|Waterfall (Spectral) View|
|Recording Playback|| |
|Wi-Fi Data in Recording|| |
|SQLite Recording Format|| |
|Wi-Fi Networks Graph|| |
|Drag to Zoom|| |
|Waterfall Timeframe Navigation|| || |
|Device Identification|| |
|Recording Playback|| || |
|Timestamped notes|| || |
|Device Identification|| || |
|Device Finder|| || |
|Report Builder|| || |
• Windows 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7
• Net 3.5 framework
• USB 1.1 or 2.0
• Windows Zero Configuration (WZC)
inSSIDer is an award-winning free Wi-Fi network scanner for Windows Vista and Windows XP. Because NetStumbler doesn't work well with Vista and 64-bit XP, we built an open-source Wi-Fi network scanner designed for the current generation of Windows operating systems. inSSIDer was discussed by Lifehacker and Tekzilla!
What's Unique about inSSIDer?
- Use Windows Vista and Windows XP 64-bit.
- Uses the Native Wi-Fi API.
- Group by Mac Address, SSID, Channel, RSSI and "Time Last Seen."
- Compatible with most GPS devices (NMEA v2.3 and higher).
How can inSSIDer help me?
- Inspect your WLAN and surrounding networks to troubleshoot competing access points.
- Track the strength of received signal in dBm over time.
- Filter access points in an easy to use format.
- Highlight access points for areas with high Wi-Fi concentration.
- Export Wi-Fi and GPS data to a KML file to view in Google Earth.
InSSIDer is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. The source code is freely available from our public Subversion repository at http://www.metageek.net/svn/trunk.
This project was started by Charles Putney on The Code Project. Norman Rasmussen modified the project to use the Managed Wi-Fi C# wrapper for the Native Wi-Fi API. Many thanks to Charles and Norman, as well as the Managed Wi-Fi team for getting this project off the ground.
Tyler Adkisson, Joel Carpenter, Philip Smith and Jeff Goff submitted changes to the latest edition of inSSIDer! It includes GPS support and Netstumbler output.
Trying to Identify Interference?
"Those looking to employ something more than blind guesswork when it comes to identifying potential wireless interference will appreciate the capabilities of MetaGeek's Wi-Spy 2.4x, a spectrum analyzer that can help you discern how well-or poorly-your wireless signals actually fare in the air." -Joseph Moran Wi-Fi Planet